From 25 October 2021 until the end of March 2022, people can support BaptistCare HopeStreet with much-needed funds when they recycle eligible cans and glass bottles at 24 Return and Earn locations across NSW.
"Our HopeStreet teams are supporting men, women and families living below the poverty line, experiencing homelessness or domestic violence. It’s a big job, and we always value the support of our staff and volunteers, our donors, partners and the community," said Scott Lockie, BaptistCare's Corporate Fundraising specialist.
"Sometimes it’s hard to know what we can do, but this simple recycling activity will really make a difference to people in our local communities."
"We’d love to raise $20,000 in five months, and hope the communities where we operate, and beyond, will get behind us on this initiative - which is great for our work, and great for the environment too," he said.
Every can or bottle is worth 10 cents, and funds raised will go towards our HopeStreet locations and teams who are providing safe and welcoming places where people can access:
- Low cost food and emergency food hampers
- Clothing and toiletries
- A warm shower and a hot meal
- Case work support to work through challenges such as housing, mental health, or domestic violence
- No Interest Loans
- Counselling and group programs.
- Visit one of 24 Return and Earn Locations across NSW to recycle your cans and bottles (listed below)
- When collecting your refund, press Donate and follow the instructions on the screen to select BaptistCare HopeStreet
- Feel good about your contribution to HopeStreet and to the environment.
If you're not nearby to one of these 24 locations, you can still donate to HopeStreet when recycling. Download the TOMRA app today and follow the prompts when recycling, to choose HopeStreet as your charity of choice.
The participating Return and Earn locations are below, and we’ve also shown where our nearby HopeStreet locations are, so you can see the impact you’ll be making in your local community.
You can read more about recycling at Return and Earn centres here.
We’d also appreciate you spreading the word with family and friends about the important work HopeStreet is doing, and this opportunity to both recycle and support our services with vital funds. Every bottle and can will make a difference! Thanks in advance for your help and support.